With a view to empow our “GUESTS” LU4C is launching our #LockUpYourFace campaign in the New Horizons area. Simply put, ladies in the community will be making face masks for fellow members of the community. All funds raised during this campaign will both pay the ladies per mask made, as well as support the 5 community kitchens in the area.
So How Does this work?
LU4C is sourcing fabric for the manufacture of these masks. Design guidelines from the Deptarment of Health’s Notification and advice of “Cloth Masks” are being adhered to in the process.”
Masks are the distributed (2 masks per person) to members within the New Horizons Community with instructions / guidelines to wash the mask daily with warm water and soap, and to cycle through their masks. LU4C Crew members are also planning workshops with community leaders, to educate the community on the need for good hygiene practices, social distancing, and the correct use of face masks.
How Can You Help?
Masks will be sold on the LU4C website, where secure payments can be made. Your DONATION of R30 for 2 masks will ensure that:
- Residents of these communities have some form of protection against this pandemic.
- Your contribution is split 3 ways:
- A portion as earnings for the ladies, who at the same time are learning a valuable skill
- A portion is used to purchase fabric for further manufacture,
- and it also contributes to the running of the soup stations in the New Horizons area.
How do I donate a Mask?
There are 2 ways of donating your Face Masks:
- Our Secure online Payment Gateway at:
- Direct Deposites can be made into our Bank Account:
- Bank: FNB
- Acc Name: Lace Up For Change
- Acc Number: 62663867003
- Branch Code: 210528
- Reference: FaceMask
“In every community, there is work to be done. In every nation, there are wounds to heal. In every heart, there is the power to do it. – Marianne Williamson